About the Position
The African Forest Forum is recruiting for the position of a Senior Programme Officer to be based at its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, or at some other location, reporting directly to the Executive Secretary.
Duties and responsibilities
- To coordinate and provide leadership in the development of priorities and implementation of activities on:
- Climate change as it relates to forest resources and livelihoods;
- The fuel-fibre-food nexus;
- Forest-water relations.
- To articulate the interactions among the three items above.
- To represent the AFF, on behalf of the Executive Secretary, on matters relating to the above duties, and on any other matters as directed by the Executive Secretary and the Governing Council of AFF.
- To assist the Executive Secretary on any other duties and responsibilities (financial, administrative or technical) as may be directed.
1. Masters degree in forestry, environment, natural resources management or related area.
2. Minimum of 10 years of post masters experience
3. Minimum of 5years of relevant post-PhD experience
4. Must have the capacity and demonstrated experience in leadership, management and forest science;
5. Must be a good team player
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working knowledge of French or Portuguese will be an added advantage
Terms of Offer
The World Agroforestry Centre/AFF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This position is on competitive terms and will be for an initial period of three (3) years, renewable subject to nine (9) months’ probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
Applications will be considered until 10 February 2012: Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.